On 01/27/2017 01:42 PM, John Pilkington wrote:
As I noted, my system seems to have updated happily.  I started it from
yumex by enabling the rolling repos.  But I've just been examining my
grandson's, which yesterday 'welcomed' him to emergency mode. I'm afraid
he doesn't fit the SL target user profile and his access time is limited.

yum history shows 531 packages auto-updated two days ago, but clearly
the process was interrupted and I'm not familiar with enabling net
access on a broken system.  I'm hoping that I shall be able to use a 7.3
installation disk to recover.

John P

Just to clarify, did you enable the 7x or the actual rolling repo? The rolling repo is not meant for production use, but for testing packages before posting them to the stable trees (i.e. 7.2, 7.3). To stay on the latest release, you want to use 7x, which is a symlink to the latest stable branch.

-Mark