I've tested it on i386, x86_64 on my laptop, bare metal servers,
and Xen instances, all are OK.

Steve

On Thu, 20 Jan 2011, Troy Dawson wrote:

Hello,
We have had our first kernel security update following the release of SL 5.6. We have tested it on a SL5.0 machine. It installs, runs and openafs works on it. I would feel much better if others ran it to make sure it works for them.

Can others test this kernel out on their machines to make sure it doesn't break something we didn't expect.

I have also put the new kvm into the x86_64 testing area with the kernel.

To test or update

SL5
-------

        yum --enablerepo=sl-testing update kernel\*

or you can download rpm's by hand at

http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/5rolling/testing/i386/kernel/
http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/5rolling/testing/x86_64/kernel/

kernel-2.6.18-238.1.1.el5

Thanks
Troy Dawson
Troy Dawson  daw...@fnal.gov  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI DSS Group

Steven C. Timm, Ph.D  (630) 840-8525
t...@fnal.gov  http://home.fnal.gov/~timm/
Grid Facilities Department, FermiGrid Services Group, Group Leader.
Lead of FermiCloud project.