vivek, are you running the NetworkManager daemon on your desktop?

Steve Timm

On Mon, 28 Mar 2011, vivek chalotra wrote:

Hello all ,

I m getting a very strange problem in SLC 5.3, SLC 5.4 & SLC5.5. Whenever
the machines having SLC version 5.3,5.4,5.5 encounter an improper shutdown,
there network configuration gets disturb. It removes the static ip from the
ethernet card and make a backup copy of the ethernet cad.
Say eth0 is the ethernet card and eth0.bak is the backup copy.

When i again give the static ip to the eth0 , it does not work. I m very
confused whether its software problem or hardware problem,,or improper
shutdown problem...

Please help

Vivek Chalotra
GRID Project Associate,
High Energy Physics Group,
Department of Physics & Electronics,
University of Jammu,
Jammu 180006,
INDIA.

Steven C. Timm, Ph.D  (630) 840-8525
t...@fnal.gov  http://home.fnal.gov/~timm/
Grid Facilities Department, FermiGrid Services Group, Group Leader.
Lead of FermiCloud project.