On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 7:28 AM, Morten P.D. Stevens
<mstev...@imt-systems.com> wrote:

> As mentioned, XFS is not supported on 32 bit systems.
>
> So you can check that:
> # cat /boot/config-$(uname -r) | grep XFS
> (no xfs support on 32 bit)
>
> Therefore, I would recommend you to use SL6 x86_64.
>
> Otherwise build your own kernel with xfs support. (not recommended)

Yes, use xfs on 32-bit systems with caution because xfs has problems
with 4K stack size (x86_64 uses 8k stacks). This is one main reason
why upstream does not support it.

Another note is that, if you determined to go for xfs on 32-bit, you
can just build the xfs module instead of the whole kernel.

Akemi