On 02/10/2014 05:13 PM, Yasha Karant wrote:
Our site has been edicted to Microsoft Exchange server with a Barracuda
spam filter.  There are numerous difficulties, one of which is spam not
being filtered and non-spam being so filtered (significant increase in
mission critical false positives).  At present, the administrative
authorities (all of whom appear to be management professionals, not
internals nor systems folks) insist on Exchange, allowing open systems
standards compliant end-users to have IMAP service.  Given this, what
are the best server-side spam filters, either hardware or software?
"Best" should be based upon current field-deployed experience and/or
unsolicited external reviews (not vendor-supported "independent" reviews).

Thanks for any information.

Yasha Karant

Hi Yasha,

   I would like to know the answer too.

   In the mean time, make sure your web pages do not
have "MailTo:" any tags.  If someone wants to eMail you,
make them use a form.  Robots harvest these tags.

   A few of my colleagues in this area would install an
exchange server in a customer's bath tub if allowed.
I tell myself that Exchange is all they know, but sometimes
I wonder if they are making work for themselves.  Exchange
servers require a lot of fussing.  One customer had
one workstation and one Exchange server.  Now that was
make work.

-T

--
Computers are like air conditioners.