On 2016-03-30 20:35, olli hauer wrote:
On 2016-03-30 10:59, Yasha Karant wrote:
Yasha, you may find you have to modify the virtual box settings so that they
are not trying to use a network connection that is not active. That will also
mean shutting down VB and restarting it. This is an issue I have with a Windows
7 host, as well.

Disconnected adapters won't communicate with anything. And when you connect
802.3 the 802.11 connection is shut down.

{^_^}
Thank you for that information.  However, reading the VirtualBox manual
(https://www.virtualbox.org/manual/) I cannot find the command to shutdown
VirtualBox.  Because EL 7 no longer uses the standard rc scripts, where do I
look?  Does VirtualBox have its own command?  I have looked through the
VBoxManage switches, and I cannot seem to find one that allows one to shutdown
all of the VirtualBox services and then to restart these.   Details for SL7
would be most appreciated.

Hm, on FreeBSD most users configure a LAGG interface with both interfaces as
member, this way changing the real interface is transparent to VirtualBox.

Hm, this might do the same thing:

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/pdf/Load_Balancer_Administration/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux-6-Load_Balancer_Administration-en-US.pdf

{^_^}