Stephen, et al,

I'm not certain whether the cause of similar behavior is the same but the symptoms are very similar--especially the " when I move a window on the screen, the content isn't erased from the old location, leaving a trail of ghosts behind". In my case the ghosts do get erased after several seconds.

My setup is also quite different. I'm using X2go from a Dell Optiplex 9010 running Windows 7 to reach SL7 running on an HP DL360 in the basement. Initially, response was snappy and I had no problems loading up gobs of Firefox windows. Then, about two weeks ago--seems like years--response became less than acceptable. In my case response seems to get worse as the time since reboot on the Dell increases and a reboot provides temporary improvement.

Unfortunately, I've been sufficiently busy I haven't had time to chase down the cause of the changed behavior.

Clint

Clint Bowman                    INTERNET:       cl...@ecy.wa.gov
Air Quality Modeler             INTERNET:       cl...@math.utah.edu
Department of Ecology           VOICE:          (360) 407-6815
PO Box 47600                    FAX:            (360) 407-7534
Olympia, WA 98504-7600

        USPS:           PO Box 47600, Olympia, WA 98504-7600
        Parcels:        300 Desmond Drive, Lacey, WA 98503-1274