What time period will the show exist? Post 'First Conrtact"?

________________________________
From: Keith Johnson <keithbjohn...@comcast.net>
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Mon, June 28, 2010 7:14:14 AM
Subject: Re: [scifinoir2] Steal this Star Trek reboot

I don't want a new TV series if it's going to exist in the same alternate
reality universe as the movie. The movie is fun, but despite all its praise, I
still chafe at the fact that Abrams felt the need to leave the decades of Trek
lore behind because he felt the OS was simply not engaging enough, the
characters, as he said, not people for whom he cared at all. I don't want to
see Orci/Kurtzman inspired hacking of the new universe where Vulcan is no more,
and Star Wars influence is seen in everything from the whitewashed ship
interior to the cutesy alien sidekicks (such as Scotty's assistant)

No, if they insist on living in this new reality, let's leave it on the big
screen, and maybe in a few years someone with a deeper understanding of real
Trek will create a series back in the original universe.