Did you meet all your writing goals last year? I didn't. I wasn't able to
write as much as I liked. I didn't a start a new book like I envisioned. In
the past I use to be bummed out because I wasn't making a dent in my goals.
Now I know beating myself up doesn't help me get closer to my goals. It
makes me fear them more.

This year I decided to take little chunks out of the elephant instead of
trying to eat him all up in one bite.

Maxine Thompson advised in a workshop to set a timer for 15 minutes and just
write. Don't try to edit, just write. Do this everyday and you'll see
yourself getting closer to your goal.

One page a day for 365 days and you'll have a manuscript at the end of the
year.

I know it sounds like baby steps, but sometimes when you're trying to reach
a goal, baby steps add up to larger steps.

If writing a book is at the top of your goals for 2009, start taking those
little bites, before you know it you'll have your book.

I've started my chewing and will keep you posted on the WIP.

How do you focus on completing your writing goals?

http://readersrooms.com/2009/01/26/new-start/