Neil Hodgson wrote:

> Carsten:
>
> > I wanted to extend scintilla to recognize hyperlinks like http:, ftp:,
> > mailto: etc. My idea was to have a post lexer which find hyperlinks and
> > mark them.

Great idea, I've also toyed a little bit with it.

>    This feature is in SinkWorld where there can be multiple lexers

I realy have to look once more into SinkWorld, what's its current state?

> > The hotspots should be lexer/language independent. So hyperlinks should
> > be an indicator than a style. Then it will be possible to mark
> > hyperlinks independently from styles.

The style should persist so an indicator is probably the only choice.
Maybe the hotspot itself could act as a styling info, e.g. hotspots
could be shown as clickable (e.g. underlined, blue).

O. Wyss

--
Development of frame buffer drivers: http://linux-fbdev.sf.net
Sample code snippets for wxWidgets: http://wxcode.sf.net