Since I am in a hurry with the development of an application and I have spent the
whole week end trying to figure out how to make the open16k work, I would really
appreciate some help from you. I have recentrly bought some cyberflex Open 16k cards
and a reflex64 reader, together with the linux SDK.

first of all, I have found tat the ATR returned from the card is different from the
ATR specified in the manuals.

second, when I finally succeeded in loading an applet (the wallet one), I started
sending ADPU commands of CLA 0x00... unfortunately, whetever the code of the operation
was, I always obtained success, even using codes that were not defined. The Wallet
uses 0x10,0x20,0x30 and 0x40, and, e.g., using 0x99 returned 9000. Using the existing
codes always returned success.

I have used boith the ready wallet.bin coming with the package and the wallet.java
recompiled with JDK 1.1.7.

In the beginning I thought it could be a problem of the Wallet itself and I downloaded
the new version from your website, obtaining the same results. Then, I compiled other
cardlets found on your website, and here I got another problem. A lot of them, almost
all, did not register correctly. Since the DSK for linuix does everything, in order to
know where the problem was, I did everything via ADPU, creating validating installing
and registering... the problem is on the registration phase. I am talking about the
setget and stringtable examples.

Finally I succeeded in loading and running the SimpleString cardlet, with the very
same results. Whatever opcode I call inside the class 0x00, existing or not existing,
I always get success back.

Another strange thing I noticed is that when I select an application via the AID, all
I get back is 9000; instead, when I use the directory number I get the usual array of
bytes giving information on what I have selected.

Regards
Matteo Campanella

Ing. Matteo Campanella          Information Techology Italia SpA
Network Area Manager            Strada 4 Palazzo Q7 Milanofiori
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]     20089 Rozzano (MI)
http://www.iti.it                       ITALY
phone: (39)0257501440           fax: (39)0257501461
ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿËŠ{±Jf«´&«t7¯zZ)z»ÿ3õÿKðÿ/ñÿüÊ/zg§µú+¶”±êJf«´&«vȧh¸§»'¾*èžg§·øm¶Ÿÿÿ