> I left my reader plugged in overnight and it still doesn't work.  I would
> guess the charger uses some particular rs232 signal for power, and the
> program asserts that signal.

When this happens and the reader never returns anything, one obvious reason may
be that you're using a DB25-DB9 converter that does not properly connect the
wires. This happened to us, too. For the Chipdrive Micro, RTS and DTR must both
be connected, an be set to +12V.

[Technical details in the ToWiToKo pdf file on the MUSCLE home page]

Matthias

Concord-Eracom Computer Security GmbH    Tel: ++49 (0)7054/9267-23
Talstr. 11                               Fax: ++49 (0)7054/1837
D-72218 Wildberg                      http://www.concord-eracom.de
Germany                         mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]