Hi,

I released the new PC/SC 0.8.9.  It has fixed shared/exclusive access
modes, more stability, and distributed environment using a new context
type: SCARD_SCOPE_GLOBAL.  XCard uses the GLOBAL Scope so you can download
it 0.0.2 version which has distributed support.  Basically you can call on
any smartcard in the world like it is located locally on your machine.
This is not a secure version though.  I will be working on that for the
next release.

I will also be releasing PC/SC Lite next week which is a 10k PC/SC
Resource Manager which has the SCard interface used for embedded
applications.

The Windows and Java API's will also be released hopefully next week.

Thanks,
Dave

David Corcoran                 Internet Security/Smartcards

Home:                          Purdue University
2252 US Highway 52 West        Department of Computer Science
West Lafayette, IN 47906       CERIAS/COAST Laboratory
Home: (765) 463-2455
Cell: (317) 514-4797

http://www.linuxnet.com