Hi David,

thanks a lot for the information. I think it is really very interesting.
I only cannot get some PCMCIA specific details, like how
the reader is installed and configured as a PCMCIA device
under Linux in a way that it acts a serial port.

Sorry I don't no so much about PCMCIA configuration in Linux.
I would be very glad if you could explain me in few words how
this stuff works.

Kind regards,
Mikhail

At 09:04 28.10.99 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>The Intertex PCMCIA reader looks like a serial port to the machine so the
>Linux IX driver will work with BOTH the serial and pcmcia versions of the
>intertex reader.  This is actually a great design because the drivers are
>much more easily portable across different operating systems.
>
>Best Regards,
>Dave
>
>David Corcoran
>1008 Cherry Lane