kefren wrote:

> I've read the CyberflexAccessProgrammersGuide.pdf and I've just some
> questions about this card. I ask you them 'cause I'me quite sure to get no
> answer from the Schlumberger ...

I'd recommend for you post on our forum at www.cyberflex.slb.com since Access specific
questions are dealt there on just as open
forum as this mailing list.

> 1. Is the Card able to perform only authentication (and file management),
> with no Java Cardlet running ?

Yes -- the features you see listed in the APDU commands are what you can do without a
cardlet.

> 2. So, in order to make a digital signature using the card, I must create a
> Cardlet which receives the document hash and signs it using the
> RSA_PrivateKey class, for example. But I've not understood how to make such
> a Key permanent in the card. Are there methods to load a key from a
> Card-File ? What's the format for such files ?

I don't know the answer to this question -- I'd post it at our forum
www.cyberflex.slb.com

> 3. Are there any problem with american laws to use the Card and Development
> Tools in Italy ??

What we sell on our web page (www.cardstore.slb.com) meets all US laws/regulations.
If you belong in certain industry, for example
banking, it is possible to obtain full crypto cards and toolkit.

Danny
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  Product Manager, Smart Cards, Schlumberger APC
TEL/FAX: +1 512-331-3727         8311 N RR 620, Austin, TX 78726  U.S.A.