hello
I have checked what yoiu advised me, and i get for /usr/local/pcsc/lib:
[root@SOS lib]# nm libpcsclite.so | grep pcsc_stringify
00004f8c T pcsc_stringify_error
and for the debuglog.o too:
[root@SOS pcsc-lite-0.8.4]# nm debuglog.o | grep pcsc_stringify
000001cc T pcsc_stringify_error

I am running redhat 6.2 with a reflex 60 reader.  For the compiler , it is
gcc.

best regards.
Naram