Hi,

--- Axel Heider <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> some time ago I got this response from Eric Perlin
> from
> Microsoft about their PC/SC implementation:
>
>  > This is no work for the driver. This needs to be
> handled
>  > by the app. I recommend a little layer on top of
>  > SCardTransmit to hide the pecularities of T=0 (vs
> T=1).
>
> I think the the MUSCLE implementation should
> be compatible to this, too.

Not if the driver implements IFD Hanlder as a layer
over CT-API (as most MUSCLE drivers do).

CT-API says:

Commands to processor ICC are passed through to the
ICC in a transparent mode (i.e. without any changes).
Implementation overheads (e.g. transmission protocol)
are added automatically.

For me this means that the caller application sends a
command APDU and expects a response APDU, and don't
want to know anything of TPDU's (GetResponse and
Envelope only has sense at transport layer).

On the other hand, if IFD handler is not implemented
over CT-API, I agree the best place to implement the
Get Response / Envelope logic is at an ICC abstraction
layer (not application layer).