on 16/12/2000 9:30 am, Rob MacKillop at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I shall also
> play the original version of Ae Fond Kiss which James Oswald wrote and
> described as being written by Rorie Dall, just as he claimed other of
> compositions as being by Rizio - which gave an air of antiquity to his
> publications, which therefore sold more copies.

Rob, you must ask the entire scots-l to append their signatures and large
cash contributions to your campaign to erect a suitable memorial to Mr
Oswald in Craill. After your lecture when you described how he came from
this picturesque little fishing village, we had to go, even though it did
mean getting through the Fife customs barrier (80p). It's a lovely place and
if they currently make nothing of his association, they are losing out. I
hope you are able to educate them and get this corrected, as you promised...

David