>Janice Hopper wrote:
>

>> ...Whinham's Reel -- anybody got the ABCs for that?
>
>Do you know any more about it, Janice? Is it Northumbrian?

Great tune!  It is Northumbrian, and composed by a fiddler called Whinham.
Piper Graham Dixon unearthed and published a whole collection of his
material about 6 years ago (don't have the details to hand).  Bella MacNab's
Dance Band has been playing the tune since we began - we got it from an old
Topic Collection ('Bonny North Tyne' if memory serves me right - played by
Willie Taylor and Joe Hutton?).  Bella Derek Hoy might be able to supply
abc's.  Being a humble guitar basher I know nothing of these arcane arts.

Dave Francis