Nigel Gatherer wrote:

> I have been asked for any info on a group called Schehallion who
>
> "...used to include parodies of songs in their set. There was one
> called "Rose Street Rag" and another one which was sung to the tune of
> Peter Sarstedt's "Where do you go to my lovely" which included the lines
>
> Where do you go to my ugly
> Late on a Saturday night
> Is it tae Leith or tae Gorgie
> Ye just dinnae care where ye fight
>
> as a chorus..."
>
> Does anybody here know anything of this?

There seem to have been plenty of Schielhallions around. I don't think
the parodies are connected with the Borders-based band of this name,
which gigged mainly in the late 80s and early 90s, until their
songwriter and singer Bruce Robson was killed (the tragic accident where
the fire engine went through the parapet of Kelso's old bridge into the
Tweed). They have recently reformed as a foursome but I heard nothing of
this kind in the sets they have done so far. But possible could-be for you.

David