Carla and Bob Rogers wrote:

> I'm so proud of myself! I can finally play a reel. I had to switch from
> guitar to whistle to fiddle, but I can finally play a reel....
>
> Now I need more... My tune is "De'il Amang the Tailors". I've learned the
> version from "the Scottish Ceilidh Collection for Fiddlers", and I'm working
> on the version from "Scottish Fiddle Music in the 18th Century". I'd like
> another couple tunes to go with that to make up a set! (I'd also like to be
> able to play faster, but that will come with time).
>
> Any suggestions?

Last year at our Spring Concert series the San Francisco Scottish Fiddlers
did a set consisting of Mrs. McLeod of Raasay, Largo's Fairy Dance, and
De'il Amang the Tailors.  All fairly simple, well-known tunes that audiences
tend to like.  Suzie Petrov's book has a set consisting of De'il, The
Scholar, and The Flogging Reel but that's a much harder set. -Steve
--
Steve Wyrick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -- Concord, California