Nigel Gatherer wrote:
Do you play any reels in D after "Miss Jessie Smith"?
I usually play another strathspey after Miss Jessie Smith -- a faster one, since Miss Jessie Smith seems to want to go at an unhurried pace. I don't have a set medley for this tune since it is such a standard in Cape Breton tradition. I would just put more standards with it. Maybe Sow's Tail or Fir Tree. If I went with Sow's Tail I would probably continue with Donald MacGugan's rant and a string of other common reels. If Fir Tree, then maybe into Athole Brose (CB version) and General Stewart and that line of thinking. This would be if I wanted something familiar or was looking for strings of tunes which I would guess other people would know. Or if I haven't been practicing lately and all I can remember is the old standards!!! (This happens often, unfortunately.)

- Kate D.
--
http://www.DunGreenMusic.com
Halifax, Nova Scotia