On Sun, 2003-01-05 at 11:26, Steve Wyrick wrote:
> Sue Richards wrote:
>
> > FYI- Laura Risk has not lived in CA for many years, and is now married and
> > living in Montreal. Time to drop the old label. She *is* fabulous to play
> > with.
>
> We're happy to claim her as one of ours, though!  She still has family in
> this area so is here fairly frequently, and still maintains ties with
> members of the San Francisco Scottish Fiddlers. -Steve
> --
> Steve Wyrick --  Concord, California

  Yeah, once you've lived here even for a little while,everyone calls
you a Californian for the rest of your life.
  I wasn't born in CA., neither were my parents, and none of my
grandparents were born in the US. I've lived out-of-state for about 14
years, (I'm 30, so that's about half my life), however even when I was
away, everyone called me a Californian. I don't even have the California
"accent". When my wife first met me, she thought I was a Texan, by my
speaking.
  California & New York are hard places to shake. Alot of influences
tend to melt together out here.