> Yes, 100 per cent. Bert is a Glaswegian

from Edinburgh surely?  He was brought up in Pilton, I think.

>whose primary repertoire is
> traditional Scottish song.

I saw him last year and his set was a mix of stuff - he still does Angie and
Blues Run the Game, as well as his own songs.   He's the kind of musician
who has never wanted to be seen as anything other than a guitarist and
songwriter, regardless of the material (which is as it should be, I think)

> And M Bensusan is very much an interpreter, validly, of tunes which
> include (but are far from limited to) Scottish sources.

Haven't seen him for a while, but he used to do a brilliant version of
'Merrily Danced the Quaker's Wife.'  Fabulous musician.

Dave Francis