This reminds me I had meant to write and thank Nigel for posting this
tune!  I'm always on the lookout for good waltzes for the dance classes I
fiddle for--we use them for warmups and the last dance at the end of the
evening--so I'm always happy to encounter new ones.  Thanks Nigel! -Steve

Philip Whittaker said:
> On 24 Nov, Nigel Gatherer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I listened in to a session at Fiddle 2003 on Saturday with Lori Watson,
>> who played this very nice waltz. I knew I'd heard it before, but
>> couldn't place it; when Ted Hastings told me Lori had called it "Auld
>> Granden Kirk" I remembered it played by Border fiddler Tam Hughes. I
>> love it.
>

> Nigel, great to hear that Borders music has its fans also that young
> exponents like Lori WAtson are being heard wider afield. Just a wee point.
> It's Kirn - end of harvest celebration. You are such a precise person, I'm
> sure you'd want me to let you know.
>
> Looking forward to your next quiz with it's hard questions and rigid
> scoring!
>

> Philip
>
> --
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Posted to Scots-L - The Traditional Scottish Music & Culture List - To

Steve Wyrick - Concord, California