I'm passing this on for a friend:

For the musicians on this list, and for those who have good friends who are musicians . . .

My parents celebrate 60 years of marriage on Christmas day -- 60 years of quiet, romantic, musical lives. I want to share the very basics of that in hopes of two actions on your part:
1. that you will send a short congratulatory note or postcard to my parents within the next couple of weeks, and
2. that, if you consider it appropriate, you will forward this
email to other musicians who might do the same.

        If you can, please send to:
        T.D. and Lucille Geddie
        7451 FM 773
        Ben Wheeler, Texas 75754

Or you could email [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Mom and Dad met while she was still in high school in East Texas.
She was an athlete, which was not common in those days. Dad played in a
state-championship high school band. Mom's father would not let her marry until she turned 18, which was on Dec. 22. So they married on Dec. 25; dad considers himself the luckiest man in the world.
Dad gave up music to raise a family, although he played in the
house all the time. When he turned 50 he began playing in local bands and did so until he turned 75. At 83, and with two hearing aids that sometimes work, he still plays fiddle, electric bass, steel guitar, acoustic guitar, and piano. I saw him pick up a mandolin a couple of years ago and play that. They took one trip to Nashville years ago, and still display their photo with Buck Owens.
If you can, please recognize my parents with a note or postcard,
and ask your own musical friends to do the same. I'm not keeping score
here; they're just such fine, deserving folks.
Thanks.

Tom Geddie
Support the poet: new chapbook, "Jolene's Dragomon," $7 delivered to your mailbox. Email for details.

Visit www.TexasMusicExpress.com - "The Original Online Texas Music Store" for all your Texas music cd's and merchandise.