Kate Dunlay or David Greenberg wrote:
I've now read in two places that the Irish tune "The High Reel" is descended from a Scottish tune by the name of "Sandy Duff." However, neither "Sandy Duff" nor "Alexander Duff" is listed in Charlie Gore's index and I haven't been able to locate any reference to the tune in a Scottish collection. Has anyone else seen it? I'm just curious.

- Kate D.

The "High Reel"? Nice tune which I haven't played for maybe 7 years :-) Are you starting to play more Irish tunes Kate?

--
- Toby A. Rider ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
- http://www.blackmill.net/toby_rider

"Due to its success with ordinary people it proved unpopular with critics."