Steve Wyrick wrote:

Toby Rider wrote:

LOL.. Funny you should mention that song, I just played that song a few
days ago to amuse my band mates. I've taken to playing Scottish & Irish
tunes during breaks in band rehearsal (I now play lead guitar, fiddle &
pedal steel in an American Country band).
I could really mess with them, and arrange one of the typical Scottish
fiddle music sets onto the pedal steel. It wouldn't be a hard thing to do.
Hmm.. I wonder what The Braes of Marr would sound like on pedal steel? :-)

Aargh!  We're currently doing the step dance "Burning the Piper's Hut" to a
Tony Elman tune that has the instrumentation of Hammered Dulcimer, Cello and
Pedal Steel.  If only he'd left the pedal steel out of the mix it would have
been a nice recording.   Not that I don't like pedal steel, you
understand...

It's not appropriate for all situations, kind of like piano accordion is not always appropriate for a country band :-)