Still up and running now

George

I can view my shared folders on the redhat box, I can even see one of the macs in the workgroup folder, I can click on it, and it prompts for a password, and then nothing, it's o
On Friday, October 3, 2003, at 08:38 AM, Daniel J. Owens wrote:

Hi George,

Have you thought of using SMB (SAMBA) to enable file sharing on the Linux
box and to access the shared dir from the osx boxes?
In osx you would treat the SAMBA share as a windows file share.

cheers,
Danny

----- Original Message -----
From: "George" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2003 10:44 PM
Subject: [Scottish] networking OSX and Redhat

The title more or less explains it all. I have a small network at home
with 2 macs running OSX and a machine running RH9. I can access the red
hat machine with ssh, ftp and sftp from the macs. I also have Apache
running on so

http://redhat <- the machine name on the network lets me view files.

  Ideally I would like a network folder on RH that I can easily pull
files from, but so far I haven't figured out how

George

---

-- This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by MailScanner, and is believed to be clean.