I worked for a Fortune 500 company that required all apps be wrapped in a
WinBatch script and that script was what ConfigMgr used. Their positives
with WinBatch:

1) It's a small company so they have more pull at getting bugs and features
fixed / added
2) It's not easy to learn, so it makes it difficult to send that work to
their consulting firm in India who has high turnover
3) They already invested in it, and all their packagers knew it, so why not?

I kept trying to get them to switch to Powershell, but left before I could.
I highly doubt they would have switched, but I was going to keep trying as
long as I worked there! This was less than a year ago.

In terms of using WinBatch as an install wrapper, I always found features I
needed. I don't know how well it would work to do other tasks
administrators need to do, but it works well to simply install something.
It can get pretty complex though. With all the logging and standards this
company required, a simple MSI install script had a few hundred lines of
code.

Why did you search online to see what people think of WinBatch? Slow Friday?