To: "My" <thakore.kar...@gmail.com>
Cc: "Sisyphus" <sisyph...@optusnet.com.au>; <sdl-devel@perl.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2011 1:53 AM
Subject: Re: smpeg source for SDL

Hi guys...

Latest Alien::SDL comes with a libpng15 patch, the patch can be seen here:
https://github.com/PerlGameDev/Alien-SDL/blob/master/patches/SDL_image-1.2.10-libpng15.patch

Thanks - works fine.

I am currently trying to get Alien::SDL and SDL to work on cygwin. Alien::SDL builds file on my machine. But without smpeg too. As far as i can see it is just looking for a missing smpeg-config script.
I commited my changes right now:
https://github.com/PerlGameDev/Alien-SDL/compare/77bdac5%5E...77bdac5

I'll skip smpeg for now.

But for the moment, I can compile SDL but most of the test fail and I dont see any gfx window.

You may have a look at this too:
http://cygwin-ports.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=cygwin-ports/smpeg;a=tree

Is that Cygwin-specific ?
I was mainly just curious to see how it all went on (32-bit and 64-bit)
native Win32, but it seems I have to install Alien::SDL (and its
dependency chain) anyway .... which is rather annoying.

Is there some simple way to remove the Alien::SDL dependency and use
the libs I've already built ? No matter if there's not ... I'll just
put it on hold until I'm in a more relaxed and tolerant mood :-)

Thanks for the patch and the info!

Cheers,
Rob