On 07/08/2011, at 5:32 PM, Tobias Leich wrote:

> Hi Justin,
>
> What resolution do you use? What monitor size? The arrows are quite huge
> imo…

If nothing else, think of mobile devices. On my iPhone I can no longer swipe to
scroll, instead I have to target the (very small on a mobile device) arrows.

> Resizing the content div on browser resize shouldn’t be a problem.
> I want to do it this way because everything outside the content div stays on
> its place.

> And, the standard os scrollbars don’t look that good. At least they don’t
> fit the color scheme.

Every point you gain on 'style' will lose at least 5 on usability. That's a
really bad reflection on perl as well (IMO).

Blind people are unlikely to be able to navigate with a non-standard scrolling
system (one might argue that you don't care, since they aren't likely to be
playing games, but that's a pretty offensive point of view).

There's always compromises to be made; a web page isn't a static known-sized
piece of paper.

        - Justin

--
Justin Hawkins