On Sun, 11 Apr 2021 20:17:06 +0200
Vitaly Chipounov <vit...@cyberhaven.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 12:28 PM Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel(a)redhat.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >   Hi,

> > > I'm not sure about this change.  Is 3840x2160 a standard of some
> > > kind?
> >
> > It is standard 4k (a comment saying that would be nice).

Hi guys,

could you please merge this commit? 4k monitors are now commonplace,
and I just spent couple of days with futile attempts trying to get
Windows 11 in QEMU/KVM running in 4k resolution, scouring the internet
for answers and trying various virtio and QXL drivers, enabling and
disabling EDID, only to find the VGA mode entry is just not there.

With this patch, 4k works almost out of the box, only requiring to
increase the VGA memory.

Regards,
--
Jindrich Makovicka