On Wed, Feb 07, 2024 at 03:21:15AM +0300, Michael Tokarev wrote:
> 07.02.2024 02:17, Michael Tokarev пишет:
[...]
> > The binary in question is vgabios-stdvga.bin.
[...]
>        "SMBIOS 2.1 table length 66822 exceeds 65535"
>
> Which wont help with 7.2 machine types (it changes defaults for 8.1+).
>
> And yes, running current qemu with -M pc-q35-7.2 shows the same issue
> again.
>
> So it might not be a gcc issue really, but just a too large bios and
> gcc-13 is able to produce more compact code which actually fits.

Ah, that makes sense.  In the future, if you enable the seabios logs
it should help track these things down.  (Take the log from the
working version and compare it to the log from the non-working
version.)  I suspect in the log would be messages from
seabios/seavgabios hinting to the issue.

Cheers,
-Kevin