September 10, 2001

Dear search400 member,

Even if an upgrade to V5R1 is several months off for your
organization, now is the time to find out what early adopters have
learned, including how improvements like Operations Navigator could
mean the end of the Green Screen. Find out more in this week's
Featured Topic, the first installment in our V5R1 month, and the
other valuable resources we've gathered to make your job easier this
week!

* This Week's Featured Topic: V5R1: OpsNav's appeal
* "Green screen" gone forever?
* Despite problems, V5R1 gets plenty of support
* V5R1 Technical Tips
* Tip contest winners for August
* Question of the week: DDM Files
* Introducing NEW TargetSearch powered by Google
* Win a BlackBerry and read the latest IDC white paper
* Final Notice to members: Storage Decisions 2001
* 2 NEW White Papers Free to Members

FEATURED TOPIC: V5R1: OpsNav's appeal
Operations Navigator is the GUI included in OS/400 for managing
iSeries servers. Many say it's a fantastic way to centrally manage
their systems. But some prefer the "green screen" and fear that with
V5R1 it may be on its way out. The information we've gathered will
give you some insight into what to expect from this tool in V5R1.

* Operations Navigator: A screen without green
* Best Web Links on V5R1
* V5R1's new way of locking down FTP
* Copy multiple spool files at one time using Operations Navigator

For the complete package, go to:
http://www.search400.com/featuredTopic/0,290042,sid3_gci558481,00.html

"GREEN SCREEN" GONE FOREVER?
With V5R1, OpsNav has twice the amount of graphical interface. Is the
"green screen" gone forever? Let us know what you think in our Sound
Off Discussion Forum.
http://search400.discussions.techtarget.com/WebX?[EMAIL PROTECTED]^1@.ee84639/1

SITE EXCLUSIVE
* Despite problems, V5R1 gets plenty of support
V5R1 isn't without its problems, but it's a hit among many
administrators. However, not everyone is sold. More than 38% of
search400 users said they aren't yet convinced of V5R1's stability.
http://search400.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid3_gci764970,00.html

V5R1 TECHNICAL TIPS
* Administrator tip: V5R1's new way of locking down FTP
http://www.search400.com/tip/1,289483,sid3_gci764642,00.html

* WebSphere Strategies tip: WebSphere and V5R1 -- Watch out
http://www.search400.com/tip/1,289483,sid3_gci764662,00.html

TIPS CONTEST WINNERS FOR AUGUST
Congratulations to Martyn Turner, winner of August's tip prize, an
Olympus Stylus Epic Zoom 80 QD CG Camera! Martyn will be inducted
into search400's Hall of Fame for his winning tip: "RPG ILE debug
annoying you too?"
http://www.search400.com/tip/1,289483,sid3_gci760284,00.html

Kudos to our runner-up winners: Dennis O'Malley, Dan Sylvester and
Mike Faust.

NEW TIPS CONTEST PRIZE! This month we're giving away a pair of
Motorola two-way radios. Submit your favorite tips - if your fellow
members like them, you could be our next winner.
http://search400.techtarget.com/tipsPrize/0,289492,sid3_prz763556_cts763558,00.html

QUESTION OF THE WEEK
* DDM Files
"We are using a model 270 to serve pages to the web. This server uses
DDM files to link back to our production 720 for information,
customer name etc. Sometimes we loose the link between the systems
and get a file not found message and a program termination message.
Does anyone have any ideas on why we might be loosing the link?"

If you have any advice, post it here
http://search400.discussions.techtarget.com/WebX?[EMAIL PROTECTED]^0@.ee84637/79

**Introducing NEW TargetSearch powered by Google**
We are excited to introduce our NEW TargetSearch powered by Google.
We have combined the Google's powerful search technology with
Search400 the most targeted iSeries400 site on the Web to create the
Web's most powerful and targeted search engine. TargetSearch crawls
the thousands of iSeries400-specific sites that have been hand-picked
by our editorial staff to give you the most relevant results to your
searches. Check it out for yourself Today!
http://search400.techtarget.com/integratedSearchAdvanced/0,289518,sid3,00.html

WIN A BLACKBERRY AND READ THE LATEST IDC WHITE PAPER
Sign up for our free Information Architect email newsletter today to
learn how innovative organizations are leading the development and
deployment of next-generation information architectures. When you
sign up you are automatically entered for a chance to win a Wireless
Blackberry PDA. Sign up today at:
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;3301864;5058249;j?http://www.searchstorage.com/EMCjump

FINAL NOTICE TO MEMBERS: STORAGE DECISIONS 2001
This is your last opportunity to apply to attend this year's premiere
storage conference, Storage Decisions 2001. Visit
http://www.storagedecisions.com/

When: September 26-28, 2001
Where: Hilton Chicago Hotel
Cost: free to qualified storage decision makers

Remaining seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis and
subject to the critical storage decisions you face in the upcoming
year. Apply now:
http://www.storagedecisions.com/html/registration.htm

2 NEW WHITE PAPERS FREE TO OUR MEMBERS
Service providers claim to offer IT organizations a viable option to
cut costs, free-up internal resources and quickly implement
business-critical solutions. Find out if outsourcing is right for
your organization--update your member profile to become a member of
searchServiceProvider today. And when you become a member, you also
get access to our 2 new white papers: "2nd Generation ASPs" and
"Trends in Outsourcing." Check out these and other valuable resources
available from searchServiceProvider--simply update your member
profile today by logging in with the same user name (your email
address) and password you use for search400 at:
http://searchserviceprovider.techtarget.com/register/1,,sid28,00.html

Please forward this email to colleagues who can also benefit from
this targeted information. And stay tuned for more weekly updates on
the wealth of services available to you as a member of search400!

Search400 is a TechTarget network site. To become a member of any
or all of our search engine sites, just click on the "Edit Your
Profile" link at the top of search400 and update as you like.

If you no longer wish to receive this newsletter simply reply to
this message with "REMOVE" in the subject line.  Or, visit
http://search400.techtarget.com/register
and adjust your subscriptions accordingly.

If you choose to unsubscribe using our automated processing, you
must send the "REMOVE" request from the email account to which
this newsletter was delivered.  Please allow 24 hours for your
"REMOVE" request to be processed.