SearchDatabase Member,

This week's Featured Topic targets open source databases for the
enterprise. Among the other database fireworks we have for you this
week is a download of last week's live SQL event with Joe Celko.

* Featured Topic: Open Source Databases
* DBA Water Cooler: Is Open Source for You?
* Joe Celko SQL Event Download
* Ask the SQL Expert: Rudy Limeback
* TDWI World Conference: Summer 2001
* The Storage Innovator Newsletter
* XML Databases: Momentum is Starting to Build
* Best Web Links: XML
* Book of the Week: XML Bible, 2nd Edition
* Certification: Is it worth the pain?
* Best Web Links: Training and Certification
* Next Live Q&A: Database Replication with Michael Hotek
* Featured Destination: searchEnterpriseServers.com

FEATURED TOPIC
Leading open source databases like MySQL and PostgreSQL are doing
their best to make inroads to the enterprise database market. How
are they doing? Might they be a viable option for your enterprise?
Check out our special report for more:
http://www.searchDatabase.com

DBA WATER COOLER
What are your thoughts on the open source databases for the
enterprise? Sound off in our searchDatabase DBA Water Cooler Forum:
http://searchdatabase.techtarget.com/forums/0,289802,sid13_fid1,00.html

JOE CELKO SQL EVENT, SPONSORED BY LECCOTECH
Did you attend our Live Expert Q&A with SQL guru Joe Celko last
week? This one-hour broadcast covered a wide range of SQL
programming issues - you may now download the event and watch it
again (or see it for the first time!):
http://searchdatabase.techtarget.com/onlineEvents/0,289675,sid13,00.html

EXCLUSIVE EVENT SPONSOR: LECCOTECH
The latest SQL optimization technology is found in LECCO SQL Expert
and LECCO DB Expert -- download a FREE evaluation copy now at:
http://www.leccotech.com/welcome_062801.htm

ASK THE SQL EXPERT: Rudy Limeback
Have a question on SQL that wasn't covered in last week's event? Ask
Rudy Limeback, our resident SQL expert, in our Ask the Experts
section:
http://searchdatabase.techtarget.com/ateQuestion/0,289624,sid13_tax285649,00.html

TDWI WORLD CONFERENCE, SUMMER 2001
Anaheim, CA, August 12-17
**No-Nonsense Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence Education**
Serious Discussion on Hot Industry Topics, World Class Instructors,
One-On-One Guru Sessions, A Hype- and Hassle-Free Exhibit Hall.
REGISTER BY JULY 6th and RECEIVE THE EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT AND BONUS
GIFT!
Visit: http://www.dw-institute.com/anaheim2001

THE STORAGE INNOVATOR NEWSLETTER
This weekly newsletter spotlights IT organizations that are on the
leading edge of technology in storage deployment and management. The
report includes first-person accounts from the IT managers who have
led the charge. Among the innovations we spotlight are SAN
deployment, administration strategies, network-attached storage, ROI
leadership, interoperability, disaster recovery and virtual backup.
Update your profile today to begin receiving this informative
newsletter at:
http://searchdatabase.techtarget.com/register/1,,sid13,00.html

XML DATABASES: Momentum is Starting to Build
The three vendors that have dominated the nascent XML database
business may soon find themselves competing with some IT giants now
that the market has begun to gain momentum. Read on:
http://searchdatabase.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid13_gci751831,00.html?Exclusive=True

BEST WEB LINKS: XML
Want more info on XML? Check out our Best Web Links on XML featuring
links to resources from around the Web. Here is a sampling of the
resources you'll find:
* Bill Inmon sees advantages and limitations of 'Fed XML'
* Find a home for your XML data
* Practical XML with Linux, Part 3: XML database tools for Linux
Click here:
http://searchdatabase.techtarget.com/bestWebLinks/0,289521,sid13_tax281608,00.html

BOOK OF THE WEEK:
"XML Bible, 2nd Edition" by Elliotte Rusty Harold
The ink is barely dry on the updated 2nd edition of this fast-paced
and thorough tutorial/reference. Order through us for fast shipping
and a 15% discount:
http://www.digitalguru.com/dgstore/product.asp?isbn=0764547607&ac_id=58

CERTIFICATION: IS IT WORTH THE PAIN?
By: Christine M. Campbell, Assistant News Editor
Professionals are no closer to answering the perennial question of
whether certification is worth the money and time. Those with
uncommon certifications seem to make out the best. Here is what
those in the trenches have to say on the subject.
http://searchdatabase.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid13_gci751790,00.html?Exclusive=True

BEST WEB LINKS: TRAINING AND CERTIFICATION
For more on certification, go to:
http://searchdatabase.techtarget.com/bestWebLinks/0,289521,sid13_tax281573,00.html

NEXT LIVE Q&A
Stay tuned for our next Live Expert Q&A "Microsoft SQL Server
Database Replication" with SQL Server guru and writer, Michael
Hotek. Mark your calendar for this exclusive event on July 11 at
2:00 p.m. EDT (18:00 GMT).
http://searchdatabase.techtarget.com/onlineEvents/0,289675,sid13,00.html

This event is sponsored by VERITAS.
Visit them at: http://www.veritas.com/us/

FEATURED DESTINATION: SearchEnterpriseServers.com
Are you responsible for maintaining your company's server
environment? Whether you're managing a Unix, Wintel, Linux or multi
platform environment, tap into SearchEnterpriseServers.com, the
server specific resource with all the information you need to solve
your daily problems and make your job easier. Maximize server
performance to maintain minimal downtime, make cost-effective
decisions before you purchase new hardware and enable superior
scalability & reliability for your critical applications. Rely on
searchEnterpriseServers to help you to build a robust architecture
that your enterprise can depend on!
Log in with the same member ID and password you have for
searchDatabase at http://www.searchenterpriseservers.com

Please forward this email to colleagues who can also benefit from
this targeted information on searchDatabase. Stay tuned for more
weekly updates on the wealth of services available to you as a
member!

SearchDatabase is a TechTarget.com community site. To become a
member of any or all of our search engine sites, just click on the
"Edit Your Profile" link at the top of searchDatabase and update as
you like.

If you no longer wish to receive this newsletter simply reply to
this message with "REMOVE" in the subject line.  Or, visit
http://searchDatabase.techtarget.com/register
and adjust your subscriptions accordingly.

If you choose to unsubscribe using our automated processing, you
must send the "REMOVE" request from the email account to which
this newsletter was delivered.  Please allow 24 hours for your
"REMOVE" request to be processed.