SearchDatabase Member,

This week's Featured Topic report examines the state of the wireless
database. Will wireless database applications live up to predicted
heights, or will this technology never reach it's full potential?
Read on for details.

* Wireless Databases: Boom or Bust?
* This Week: Win a DVD Player
* Register Now: TDWI World Conference: Fall 2001
* Forum Post of the Week: Seeking SQL Help
* Best Web Links: Database Administration
* Storage Innovators
* Free White Paper: Trends in Outsourcing
* Oracle SQL: The Essential Reference
* SearchDatabase TargetSearch: Get Your Own

WIRELESS DATABASES: BOOM OR BUST
It's time to give wireless database vendors that old interview
question, "Where do you see yourself in five years?" Check out the
aggregated resources we've found on what wireless database apps offer
now, and where this technology is headed:
http://www.searchDatabase.com/featuredTopic/0,290042,sid13_gci771220,00.html

THIS WEEK: WIN A DVD PLAYER
Have a database management shortcut you would like to share? The
winner of the searchDatabase September Tip of the Month will receive
a Toshiba DVD Player. Submit your tip today:
http://searchdatabase.techtarget.com/tipsSubmit/1,289485,sid13,00.html

NOT YOUR ORDINARY DATA WAREHOUSING AND BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE
CONFERENCE
TDWI World Conference-Fall 2001, 11/4 - 11/9, Orlando, FL
A unique program of intensive training --including cutting-edge
topics, direct access to industry experts, and plenty of
opportunities to network with your peers. For more information,
please visit:
http://www.dw-institute.com/orlando2001/
REGISTER BEFORE THE 28TH OF SEPTEMBER AND RECEIVE THE EARLY
REGISTRATION DISCOUNT AND BONUS GIFT!

SEEKING SQL HELP
On Friday, forums user `nevefan' submitted the following:
"How do I return a single record which contains details for several
related records in the same table? For example, I want to return a
single record that contains the details of two customers living at
the same premises. Both customer details are in the same table and
related by premise."
If you have some advice, log in the DBA Water Cooler and help out:
http://searchdatabase.techtarget.com/forums/0,289802,sid13_fid1,00.html

BEST WEB LINKS: DATABASE ADMINISTRATION
Bookmark this page for quick access to hundreds of useful links in
sub-categories such as Reporting, Queries, Normalization and many
others:
http://searchdatabase.techtarget.com/bestWebLinks/0,289521,sid13_tax281570,00.html

STORAGE INNOVATORS NEWSLETTER
This weekly newsletter spotlights IT organizations that are on the
leading edge of technology in storage deployment and management.
Click here to sign up today!
http://searchdatabase.techtarget.com/register/1,,sid13,00.html

FREE WHITE PAPER: TRENDS IN OUTSOURCING
Download your Free copy of the "Trends in Outsourcing Report" at
searchServiceProvider today for:
** A review of the outsourcing landscape, including major market
   drivers and industry trends
** A segmentation of the outsourcing industry and definitions of
   each major sector: Business Process Outsourcing, Platform IT
   Outsourcing, Application Outsourcing, and System and Network
   Infrastructure Outsourcing
** Analysis of financial performance within the outsourcing industry,
   including reviews of recently announced major outsourcing
   contracts
http://searchserviceprovider.techtarget.com/whitepaper/1,289194,sid28_gci767056,00.html

ORACLE SQL: THE ESSENTIAL REFERENCE
Your guide to basic SQL elements, Data Definition Language, & Data
Manipulation Language, common language elements, SQL functions,
PL/SQL, & SQL*Plus. Order from us for a great price and fast
shipping:
http://www.digitalguru.com/DigitalGuru/product_detail.asp?catalog_name=Books&category_name=&product_id=1565926978&partner_id=77

SEARCHDATABASE TARGETSEARCH: GET YOUR OWN
Want to add "stickiness" to your database-related website? Get all
the targeted power of our searchDatabase TargetSearch search engine