Title: OracleWorld 2003 live with SearchDatabase.com
A newsletter published by TechTarget
 September 05, 2003 >> Receive this e-mail as text   >> About this e-mail

SPONSORED BY: Quest Software
White Paper: How to Survive in a Multi-Database Environment

OracleWorld takes users into future
by Ellen O'Brien, SearchOracle.com News Writer

OracleWorld 2003 opens Monday at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, Calif., and the five-day technology event comes at a time when Oracle is under intense scrutiny within the IT industry.

SPONSORED BY:  Quest Software
White Paper: How to Survive in a Multi-Database Environment

Attention Oracle DBAs -- What applications and technologies do you need to be aware of in order to maintain your competitive edge? To help you administer more than one database simultaneously, Quest Software offers a new white paper: "The Heterogeneous DBA: Surviving in a Multi-database Environment." This white paper reviews common database terminology, discusses how each database handles space management, and offers helpful tips on administrative differences.

>> Get the white paper

With federal and state investigators across the country focusing on whether Oracle's plan to acquire PeopleSoft Inc. violates federal antitrust regulations, Oracle has spent recent weeks deflecting criticism and hyping its largest annual user event at the same time.

More than 20,000 users -- a mix of consultants, partners, buyers, DBAs, developers and other Oracle devotees -- will descend upon the Moscone Center to learn about the company's latest technology.

If last year's overriding theme was about saving money, then this year's is about the changing nature of computing.

Last year, the company's chief financial officer kicked off OracleWorld and talked about tight budgets and stretching IT dollars. This year, the company's executive vice president, Charles Phillips, will deliver the Monday morning keynote. He'll talk about the data center, and how modular systems can provide mainframe quality. Oracle can save you money, he'll tell attendees, but the company can also guide you through the new enterprise architecture.

Of course, Phillips and most likely the other seven keynote speakers will be talking about grid computing. Oracle plans to unveil its newest database release, 10G, named as a tribute to grid computing, at the show.

>> Click to read the complete article.

Other SearchOracle.com OracleWorld headlines:

Oracle's database name game | Robert Westervelt, SearchOracle.com News Writer
Did you hear the one about 10G? Some IT pros are laughing about the name Oracle Corp. gave their newest database release, but Oracle says grid computing is no joke.

OracleWorld to revolve around grid | Robert Westervelt, SearchOracle.com News Writer
Oracle Corp.'s newest database, named 10G in honor of grid technology, will be the highlight of the company's annual U.S. user conference, slated to begin Monday at San Francisco's Moscone Center. Headed into the weeklong event, Robert Shimp, Oracle's vice president of database marketing, talked with SearchDatabase.com about why the whole OracleWorld revolves around grid computing.

MORE ON THIS TOPIC:
>>  Check out SearchOracle.com at OracleWorld '03. Our team of reporters and editors will be live at OracleWorld. If you're at the show, visit us at booth #2530.

A B O U T   T H I S   N E W S L E T T E R
This newsletter is published by TechTarget, the most targeted IT media.
Copyright 2003 TechTarget. All rights reserved.
To unsubscribe from "OracleWorld 2003 live with SearchDatabase.com":
OR
  -  Go to unsubscribe and enter your e-mail address to cancel your subscription

Please note, unsubscribe requests may take up to 24 hours to process; you may receive additional mailings during that time. A confirmation e-mail will be sent when your request has been successfully processed.