Title: SearchDatabase.com
Published by SearchDatabase.com
searchDatabaseThis Week
July 06, 2004 >> Receive this e-mail as text  >> About this e-mail
 In this Issue

>> From the editor: Have 12,000 questions? We've got the answers!
>> Featured Topic: Java and JDBC
>> Technical Advice: Featured expert advice
>> Site Highlights:
* Expert Answer Center
* Database products for your small business
* Live webcast: "SQL Server Performance Baselining, Benchmarking, and Monitoring"

 From the Editor:

by Tim DiChiara, Editor

Do you have a technical question about any conceivable IT topic? How about 12,000 questions? Well, we've got the answers!

Our new Expert Answer Center combines advice and solutions from over 100 technology, management and career experts from TechTarget's family of 20+ Web sites. The database is searcheable and browseable and topics include:

...and more.

I'm very excited about the Expert Answer Center. It not only includes several thousand contributions from your favorite two sites (nudge, nudge: SearchDatabase.com and SearchOracle.com) but also highlights the amazing breadth and quality of information that TechTarget has presented over the four years or so since our inception. Definitely worth a look!

Cheers, Tim

 Featured Topic:

Java and JDBC
by Tim DiChiara, Senior Site Editor

No longer the new kid on the block, Java is now an established enterprise database development language, with Oracle and DB2 coders leading the way. We have scads of Java, J2EE, JDBC, and SQLJ resources inside...

Read more about this topic

 Expert Technical Advice:

Featured Expert Mich Talebzadeh, Principal Consultant, Peridale Ltd

Category: Sybase
Mich Talebzadeh is a database expert with DBA and architecture experience using Sybase and Oracle. He specializes in creating database architectures for large global trading systems involving heterogeneous databases. Mich is based in London and serves as Chairman of the Sybase Future Forum. He is a frequent speaker at Sybase Techforum and other international database conferences. Dr. Talebzadeh holds a Ph.D in Particle Physics from Imperial College, University of London and C.E.R.N., Geneva, Switzerland. He can answer any of your Sybase questions.
Ask Mich a question

Featured expert advice
>> Ask the Expert: Moving SQL Server log segment to a separate device
Our SQL Server experts Greg Robidoux and Jeremy Kadlec answer the question: "We have an SQL Server 6.5... but the problem is that the log segment shares the space with the data segment... Is there a way we can move the log segment to a separate device on this production machine?"

Tip of the Week:
The Top 10 (more or less) J2EE best practices
Much has been written in recent years about J2EE best practices, including books and articles offering insight into how J2EE apps should be written. To provide some guidance, we've compiled a list of the most important of these....

>> Read complete tip

 Site Highlights

Expert Answer Center
Visit the NEW Expert Answer Center -- Access advice and solutions from over 100 tech, management & career experts from TechTarget's network of sites, including SearchDatabase.com and SearchOracle.com. And, meet this week?s featured expert? Rod Trent!
Find answers today!

Database products for your small business
Sign up for SearchSmallBizIT's "Small Business IT Buyer's Guide" and receive updates on new database products and offerings available to small businesses.
Activate your subscription
Live webcast: ?SQL Server Performance Baselining, Benchmarking, and Monitoring?
Register now
Join us tomorrow, July 7th at 2pm ET (18:00 GMT) for this webcast and hear how to assess SQL Server baseline performance for your shop; establish benchmarks for varying work loads and more.

Resources for database pros
Select newsletters you would like to receive from the list below.
DB2 Tips
E-Business Suite Update
Today's News
E-mail

Not a member? We'll activate your membership with your subscription.

2004 PASS Summit
Don't miss the industry's largest user-run educational event exclusively dedicated to the SQL Server in Orlando, Florida on September 28 ? October 1, 2004. A must attend for DBAs, architects and developers.
Register today!

Training & Careers
Find the most up-to-date resources to enhance your career -- check out SearchDatabase.com's ?Training & Careers? Best Web Links. You?ll find conferences, events, tips and more.
Check it out

SQL Learning Guide
Check out SearchDatabase.com's exclusive SQL Learning Guide and get advice from SQL gurus Rudy Limeback and Joe Celko. You'll learn calculation tips, solutions to performance issues and more.
Download now

  A B O U T   T H I S   N E W S L E T T E R
TechTarget
Contact us:
SearchDatabase
MemberServices
117 Kendrick Street, Suite 800
Needham, MA 02494

This e-newsletter is published by SearchDatabase.com, a targeted Web site from TechTarget, the most targeted IT media and events company.
TechTarget offers magazines, Web sites, e-newsletters, Webcasts and conferences for enterprise IT professionals.
Copyright 2004 TechTarget. All rights reserved.

To unsubscribe from "Updates on new site content":