Title: DBA Tips

AD Maximize Oracle Performance on EMC Storage Systems
Having an Oracle-to-EMC performance view allows DBAs to research I/O bottlenecks and improve application response. Download Quest Software's technical brief "Oracle Performance on EMC Storage Systems" and learn best practices to proactively identify and diagnose potential I/O related problems. Download the technical brief now.

DB2 logging strategies
[Roger Sanders]
Two very different logging strategies, known as circular logging and archival logging, are available in DB2. But according to this short article, a hybrid method called infinite active logging might work best.

Make your iSeries database easy to read
[Search400.com]
This article takes a quick look at making your iSeries database easier for users to read. By creating simple data marts and using SQL views, you can make your production data understandable for user reporting.

SQL Server: Identifying external or internal table fragmentation
[Eli Leiba]
This article describes how to identify tables that are fragmented internally (ie, fragmentation inside data pages) or externally (ie, extents are fragmented).

Oracle: Queries to retrieve table metadata
[Glenn Wiens]
This utility provides a quick view of tables, including their relationships (parent and children tables/columns), indexes and grants.

Also on SearchDatabase.com

NEWS ANALYSIS:  CA swings at Oracle, SQL Server with Ingres
Computer Associates International Inc. is making its open sourced Ingres DBMS widely available today, pitching its mature features and 64-bit support at Oracle and SQL Server customers.

FEATURED TOPIC:  Ask the SQL expert
Our expert Rudy Limeback has been in the database field for 25 years and he knows his SQL. Browse his 350+ answers to your tough SQL questions.

Contact Us
Sales
For sales inquiries, please contact us at:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Editorial
For feedback about any of our articles or to send us your article ideas, please contact us at:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

ABOUT THIS E-NEWSLETTER
TechTarget This e-newsletter is published by SearchDatabase.com, a targeted Web site from TechTarget, the most targeted IT media and events company.
Copyright 2004 TechTarget. All rights reserved.

To unsubscribe from "DBA Tips":