Title: TechTarget
a weekly newsletter fromTechTarget
searchDominoThis Week
January 20, 2003 >> Receive this email as text  >> About this email
 In this Issue

>> From the editor:
  • Looking forward to Lotushpere
  • >> Featured Topic:
  • Knowledge management
  • >> Expert Technical Advice:
  • Featured expert: Dave Hatter
  • Developer tip: Spotting late dates in a view
  • >> Site Highlights:
  • Opinion: Lotus executive shuffle makes perfect sense
  • Tip: Why chat-enable your Web site using Sametime?
  • Blooper: How do you tell the boss he's a moron?
  • Take our new poll

  •  From the Editor:

    by Jon Panker, News Editor

    As I look out the window of my Boston-area office, I see the remnants of snow lining the street. Passersby scurry past, bundled up in coats and scarves. The mercury is hovering in the low 20s. I don't know about you, but I'm dreaming of a few days in sunny Florida.

    Fortunately, Lotusphere is but a week away. And weather aside, this should be one hot show. After all, it'll be the first time the Domino community will get together since the release of ND6 and will also be our first chance to meet Lotus' new general manager. From technology updates to networking opportunities and a little fun in the Sunshine State, it should be a good time. A few of us at SearchDomino.com were wondering what you hope to get out of the show. Take our poll or drop me an e-mail and let me know. Hopefully, we'll see you in Orlando.

    Jon Panker

     Featured Topic:

    Knowlege Management
    by Kurt Ringleben, Assistant Editor
    A strong organization must have successful knowledge collaboration and organize relationships between content, people, topics and activity. Check out this selection of articles and resources on knowledge management.

    Read more about this topic

     Expert Technical Advice:

    Featured expert: Dave Hatter
    Category: LotusScript & Web Development
    Dave Hatter is Principal Consultant with Libertas Technologies , a technology solutions provider focused on Web based development and consulting. Dave has nearly 10 years of programming experience in a number of tools and environments including IBM Websphere and Microsoft IIS/ASP, and has been working with Lotus Notes/Domino for nearly 7 years.
    View our webcast archives with Dave Hatter
    View all Dave's answers

    This Week: In the forums
    >> Are you going to Lotusphere? Let us know what you like or dislike, why you're going, what you are looking forward to. Sound off in our Sound off forum.

    Tip of the Week:
    Developer tip: Spotting late dates in a view
    By Mark Beaumont
    Recently I was asked to develop a project management tool. A major part was a view showing project progress, in particular any "late running" projects. Projects were broken down into milestones (which had target dates), so each project document had the possibility of having many target dates. My problem was how to spot a late project from many dates, within a view?
    >> View the full tip and code:

     Site Highlights

    Opinion: Lotus executive shuffle makes perfect sense
    SearchDomino.com Expert Scott Lemieux says don't be surprised by the timing of Al Zollar's departure or IBM's choice for a replacement. Scott says the reasons for the change are abundantly clear.
    Read the full story:

    Why chat-enable your Web site using Sametime?
    Our Web Development and Downloads expert Jens Bruntt offers part 2 on why anyone would want to consider chat-enabling a Web site using Sametime: It depends on the needs of your organization and the needs of your customers, but what else?
    View the full tip:
    How do you tell the boss he's a moron?
    Read this amusing story:
    This Domino maven found out first hand what happens when an unqualified exec ran riot with AdminP. This story is a perfect example of when a little knowledge combined with a lot of authority can be a dangerous combination.

    Take our new poll

    What will your primary goal be at Lotusphere?

    PREVIOUS POLL RESULTS:

    What was Al Zollar's biggest accomplishment as Lotus chief?

    • 50%: Integrating Lotus into IBM culture
    • 21%: Rolling out ND6
    • 15%: Other
    • 9%: Introducing knowledge management tools
    • 5%: Expanding Notes seats
    Vote here

    Feedback needed
    We'd like to ask you just a few questions about your reading habits so that we can provide you with what you want, and only what you want. That's it! We'll send the first 5 people a hat.
    Interview me

    Register and win!
    Time is running out to attend CRM Decisions free. Join Seybold, Peppers and top industry experts. Register today to win a Treo PDA. Plus, final week for hotel room savings!
    Find out more

    A B O U T   T H I S   N E W S L E T T E R
    Created by TechTarget
    TechTarget - The Most Targeted IT Media
    Copyright 2003, All Rights Reserved.

    To unsubscribe from Updates on new site content:

    >> Simply Reply to this Email with REMOVE within the Body or Subject
    -OR-
    >> Go to: http://searchDomino.techtarget.com/register
       - Log in to edit your profile.
       - Click on the link to Edit email subscriptions.
       - Uncheck the box next to the newsletter you wish to unsubscribe from.
       - When finished, click "Save Changes to My Profile".