Title: searchDomino.com - Today's News: Headlines and advice for Domino/Notes professionals
An e-newsletter published by SearchDomino.com
 February 03, 2004 >> Receive this e-mail as text   >> About this e-mail
ISSUE SPONSORED BY:
>>  SHARE: Don't Miss SHARE's Lotus Application User Training in Long Beach, February 22-27
 Today's Highlights

>>  LEAD STORY:  The real deal on Domino's future
>>  NEWS:  Is a BlackBerry clone war on the horizon?
>>  LOTUS LIVE! SERIES WEBCAST:  IBM Lotus Notes 6.5 client update
>>  THE MISSING LINK:  Jackson action a watershed moment -- for TiVo
 News and Top Stories

LEAD STORY
The real deal on Domino's future  (SearchDomino.com)
Where does Domino fit in a Workplace world? SearchDomino.com asked IBM Lotus' vice president of messaging development.
More on this topic:
Special event coverage: Lotusphere '04
Domino developer and administrator tips
SPONSORED BY: SHARE

Don't Miss SHARE's Lotus Application User Training in Long Beach, February 22-27
Join hundreds of IBM enterprise-class Lotus computing professionals for the most comprehensive user-run technical training available. Registration and complete session info are now available online for this mega training event featuring 700+ hours of technical education, on-site seminars, hands-on labs, an 80 vendor product/service expo, and countless professional networking opportunities.

Register today for greatest savings!
NEWS
Is a BlackBerry clone war on the horizon? (SearchMobileComputing.com)
Even though it could mean watching sales of its own devices slide, Research In Motion wants to provide users with more device choices via numerous third-party BlackBerry clones, which will debut in the coming months.

NEWS
Eclipse goes it alone (CNET)
It's official. The Java tools initiative has broken off as an independent group with a new board of directors. It will also replace the IBM exec who has been at the helm with a new executive director.

DAILY HEADLINES
All headlines, including those below, are available from our news page.
  > iSeries immune to Mydoom? Sort of
 VIEW ALL NEWS AND TOP STORIES

 Announcements & Links

LOTUS LIVE! SERIES WEBCAST
IBM Lotus Notes 6.5 client update
Speaker: Brendan Crotty, IBM Lotus Software Product Manager
Date/Time: Wed., Feb. 11 at 12:00 EST, 16:00 GMT

Join Lotus' Brendan Crotty, product manager for Lotus Notes, for a live, interactive presentation on Lotus Notes 6.5 Client Update. Brendan will discuss what's new with IBM Lotus Notes, Domino Web Access, Lotus Domino Access for Microsoft Outlook, and messaging productivity enhancements, including improved integration, productivity and usability. As always, there will be plenty of time for questions after Brendan's presentation. Don't miss this live event!

FEATURED EXPERT
Andre Guirard, Domino development
Andre Guirard is ready with code and advice for pretty much any development question you can throw at him. Try to stump him. We dare you.

>>  See all of Andre's answers to your development questions.

DEVELOPER DISCUSSION FORUM THREAD
Date/time not right in view
"EWilliams313" writes:
I have been trying to get my application to display a calendar view with the start and end times of a meeting highlighted. I can do it for days with @explode, but can't get it to work with start time and end time. Does anyone know how to do that?
>>  Help "EWilliams313."

THE MISSING LINK
Jackson action a watershed moment -- for TiVo

Say what you will about the notorious Janet-Justin mammary moment during the Super Bowl halftime show -- the incident has been a touchdown for TiVo. A spokesman for the digital recording service said that the, um, "costume malfunction" set a TiVo replay record and likened the audience-reaction chart to an electrocardiogram. The heart charts of fuming CBS, NFL and FCC executives probably looked even busier. While they raged, TiVoers replayed. And replayed. And replayed.

FREE TIPS FROM SEARCHDOMINO.COM!
Enter your e-mail and start receiving SearchDomino.com Developer Tips.
E-mail

Not a member? We'll activate your membership with your subscription.

  Contact Us

SITE EDITOR
Joyce Chutchian
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Send your comments, opinions, best practices and ideas.

NEWS EDITOR
Jon Panker
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Send in your news, product announcements and poll ideas.

ASSISTANT SITE EDITOR
Dana McCurley
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Send your white papers, best Web links, Ask the Experts questions and tips. (Please submit your ATE questions and tips via SearchDomino.com.)

DIRECTOR OF SITE SALES
Gabrielle DeRussy
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sponsor this or any other TechTarget newsletter.

A B O U T   T H I S   N E W S L E T T E R
Contact us:
SearchDomino
MemberServices
117 Kendrick Street, Suite 800
Needham, MA 02494

This e-newsletter is published by SearchDomino.com, a targeted Web site from TechTarget, the most targeted IT media and events company.
TechTarget offers magazines, Web sites, e-newsletters, Webcasts and conferences for enterprise IT professionals.
Copyright 2004 TechTarget. All rights reserved.

To unsubscribe from "Today's News":