Title: searchDomino.com - Today's News: Headlines and advice for Domino/Notes professionals
An e-newsletter published by SearchDomino.com
 February 24, 2004 >> Receive this e-mail as text   >> About this e-mail
ISSUE SPONSORED BY:
>>  IntelliPRINTPLUS: Free Trial Download
 Today's Highlights

>>  LEAD STORY:  The long goodbye to Notes/Domino
>>  NEWS:  Office to Linux: 'None of it is true'
>>  FEATURED TOPIC:  Ask our gurus
>>  THE MISSING LINK:  'Idol' reject finds fame, thanks to Net
 News and Top Stories

LEAD STORY
The long goodbye to Notes/Domino  (SearchDomino.com)
It's transition time for Notes shops, and IBM Lotus is doing all it can to keep the installed base from seeing the glass as half empty.
More on this topic:
Interview: The real deal on Domino's future
Article: Lotusphere exhibitors pave a path to Java
SPONSORED BY: INTELLIPRINTPLUS

Free Trial Download of IntelliPRINTPLUS

This brand new IntelliPRINTPLUS had customers delighted at Lotusphere 04. Enhanced reporting, charts, form automation, document printing, mail merge and much more. Customer's worldwide have saved time for generating reports, enhanced Notes offerings and derived excellent ROI. Download your free trial version of IntelliPRINTPLUS and gather sample reports for various functional groups.

Click here.

NEWS
Office to Linux: 'None of it is true' (SearchEnterpriseLinux.com)
Rumors have been rampant that IBM and Microsoft have tag-teamed to port Office software to Linux. Big Blue and Redmond, however, squashed those rumors.

NEWS
Workplace on iSeries worth the wait (MCPress Online)
Although Lotus Workplace on the iSeries is still about four months away, one analyst says in this case good things come to those who wait.

DAILY HEADLINES
All headlines, including those below, are available from our news page.
  > HP forays into WLAN, messaging markets
  > New competition emerges in Web conferencing space
 VIEW ALL NEWS AND TOP STORIES

 Announcements & Links

FEATURED TOPIC
Ask our gurus
SearchDomino.com's resident experts have specialties from administration to Web development. Our newest experts, Tony Higham and Jim Mason, are here for your WebSphere queries. Ask all of our experts your toughest questions.

NEW POLL
Outsourcing fears?
Are you afraid that your job might get outsourced?

Don't forget to Sound Off after voting.

Previous poll results:
We asked if your thoughts on Domino's future have changed since Lotusphere. See how you and your peers voted.

MEET OUR NEWEST SITE EXPERT
Welcome Tony Higham
You read it right, folks -- our newest site expert is renowned Domino and WebSphere expert Tony Higham, chief solution officer for FatWire Software. Tony is ready to answer all your questions on directory services, WebSphere V5 management, single sign-on and performance analysis. May your Domino and WebSphere integration issues be issues no more.

>>  Ask Tony a question.

THE MISSING LINK
'Idol' reject finds fame, thanks to Net

He can't sing. He can't dance. He's not going to be modeling for Abercrombie & Fitch anytime soon. William Hung should be an unsung average Joe. So why is he such a hit? The guy who stank up the stage of American Idol with his version of Ricky Martin's "She Bangs" has failed his way to fame -- thanks in large part to the Internet. His losing song-and-dance act from the show made the rounds in cyberspace, and now Hung has record producers knocking on his door and fans setting up Web sites dedicated to him. People who sing Hung's praises say they like his honest, down-to-earth style.

FREE TIPS FROM SEARCHDOMINO.COM!
Enter your e-mail and start receiving Domino & WebSphere Strategies.
E-mail

Not a member? We'll activate your membership with your subscription.

  Contact Us

SITE EDITOR
Joyce Chutchian
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Send your comments, opinions, best practices and ideas.

NEWS EDITOR
Jon Panker
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Send in your news, product announcements and poll ideas.

ASSISTANT SITE EDITOR
Dana McCurley
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Send your white papers, best Web links, Ask the Experts questions and tips. (Please submit your ATE questions and tips via SearchDomino.com.)

DIRECTOR OF SITE SALES
Gabrielle DeRussy
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sponsor this or any other TechTarget newsletter.

A B O U T   T H I S   N E W S L E T T E R
Contact us:
SearchDomino
MemberServices
117 Kendrick Street, Suite 800
Needham, MA 02494

This e-newsletter is published by SearchDomino.com, a targeted Web site from TechTarget, the most targeted IT media and events company.
TechTarget offers magazines, Web sites, e-newsletters, Webcasts and conferences for enterprise IT professionals.
Copyright 2004 TechTarget. All rights reserved.

To unsubscribe from "Today's News":