Title: searchDomino.com - Today's News: Headlines and advice for Domino/Notes professionals
Published by SearchDomino.com
 March 23, 2004 >> Receive this e-mail as text   >> About this e-mail
ISSUE SPONSORED BY:
>>  Swing Software: Integrate Lotus Notes and MS Office
 Today's Highlights

>>  LEAD STORY:  Face-off: Domino vs. Exchange
>>  NEWS:  Netsky-P on the prowl
>>  SOUND OFF FORUM:  IBM's Domino direction
>>  THE MISSING LINK:  Microsoft co-founder kicks in $13.5M to find ET
 News and Top Stories

LEAD STORY
Face-off: Domino vs. Exchange  (SearchDomino.com)
When it comes to messaging platforms, there's Domino/Notes and Exchange/Outlook -- and then there's everyone else. Two editors step into the ring to argue why their favored heavyweight is the true champ.
More on this topic:
Special report: Domino vs. Exchange
Best Web Links: Domino vs. Exchange
SPONSORED BY: SWING SOFTWARE

Integrate Lotus Notes and MS Office

Merge any Notes data to Word or Excel templates, producing professional documents, reports, charts, or mailing labels. Convert to PDF, using a built-in converter. No programming required.

Free trial.

NEWS
Netsky-P on the prowl (SearchSecurity.com)
Antivirus vendors are warning of a Netsky variant that, among other things, exploits the Microsoft MIME header vulnerability to spread on Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000 and XP systems.

NEWS
Trigo buy fattens IBM's middleware (Search400.com)
In this interview, an IBM exec talks about how the company's latest acquisition will make the value proposition of UCCnet even more appealing.

DAILY HEADLINES
All headlines, including those below, are available from our news page.
  > IBM to get utility computing shot in the arm
 VIEW ALL NEWS AND TOP STORIES

 Announcements & Links

SOUND OFF FORUM
IBM's Domino direction
Andrew Young's column last week, Developer to IBM: Keep it simple, has attracted industry bigwigs and developers alike. Let us know what you think about the direction IBM is taking Domino and how the company is communicating its path to the public.
>>  Read the comments on Andrew's column.

LIVE EXPERT WEBCAST TOMORROW
Control mail with ND6
SPEAKER: Andy Pedisich, president of Technotics
DATE/TIME: TOMORROW -- Wed., March 24 at noon EST (17:00 GMT)

Andy Pedisich will show you how to take control of unruly mail file sizes before they get out of control. Understand the techniques spammers use to fool servers into relaying, construct e-mail addresses, and learn how to use Domino tools to control mail database sizes, filter mail for content and use filters. Discover how to use quotas and archiving to control mail database sizes. Plus, learn 10 things you can do right now to reduce spam in your organization. This webcast is a preview to Andy's session at Admin2004.
>>  Pre-register.
>>  Ask a question prior to the live expert webcast.

LOTUS LIVE! SERIES WEBCAST
IBM Lotus Notes 6.5 client update
SPEAKERS: Brendan Crotty, product manager for Lotus Notes
            Heidi Votaw, senior product management manager, IBM Lotus
DATE/TIME: Wed., March 31 at noon EST (17:00 GMT)

Join Lotus' Brendan Crotty and Heidi Votaw for a live, interactive update on Lotus Notes 6.5 client. Brendan and Heidi will discuss what's new with IBM Lotus Notes, Domino Web Access, Lotus Domino Access for Microsoft Outlook and messaging productivity enhancements, including improved integration, productivity and usability. As always, there will be plenty of time for questions after their presentation. Don't miss this live event!
>>  Pre-register.
>>  Ask a question prior to the Lotus Live! Series webcast.

TAKE OUR NEW POLL
Is enterprise IM worthy?
Do you think enterprise IM is worth the investment?

Previous poll results:
See how your peers responded when we asked you what your ND6 plans were.

THE MISSING LINK
Microsoft co-founder kicks in $13.5M to find ET

Not content to spend his fortune on this planet alone, Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen will send a few million to other parts of the universe. Actually, his money will stay on terra firma, but it will buy windows -- no, not those Windows -- onto other worlds. Allen, a noted sci-fi buff, recently donated $13.5 million to fund a network of radio telescopes that will search for signs of extraterrestrial life.

FREE TIPS FROM SEARCHDOMINO.COM!
Enter your e-mail and start receiving Domino & WebSphere Strategies.
E-mail

Not a member? We'll activate your membership with your subscription.

  Contact Us

EDITOR
Joyce Chutchian
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Send your comments, opinions, best practices and ideas.

NEWS EDITOR
Jon Panker
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Send in your news, product announcements and poll ideas.

ASSISTANT EDITOR
Dana McCurley
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Send your white papers, best Web links, Ask the Experts questions and tips. (Please submit your ATE questions and tips via SearchDomino.com.)

DIRECTOR OF SITE SALES
Gabrielle DeRussy
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sponsor this or any other TechTarget newsletter.

  A B O U T   T H I S   N E W S L E T T E R
TechTarget - The Most Targeted IT Media
Contact us:
SearchDomino
MemberServices
117 Kendrick Street, Suite 800
Needham, MA 02494

This e-newsletter is published by SearchDomino.com, a targeted Web site from TechTarget, the most targeted IT media and events company.
TechTarget offers magazines, Web sites, e-newsletters, Webcasts and conferences for enterprise IT professionals.
Copyright 2004 TechTarget. All rights reserved.

To unsubscribe from "Today's News":