Title: Today's News
May 06, 2004 Published by  SearchDomino.com

Today's News

SearchDomino.com
Home News Topics Ask the Experts Tips Discussions Webcasts White Papers Products and Vendors Careers Site Map
Issue Sponsored By:
Postini Enterprise Spam Filtering
HANDS-ON training for Notes/Domino at ADMIN2004

IN THIS ISSUE:
Security, flexibility should coexist in e-mail
IBM offers WebSphere Business Integration Server Express
Ambuj Goyal and the Lotus evolution
Microsoft readies enterprise IM server
HP's 'adaptive enterprise' still murky for some
Featured Topic: LotusScript and Excel
Breaking up is easy to do -- via SMS

Top 10 Reports Every Email Administrator Lives For
See how real-time monitoring and detailed reporting can make email security management much easier and more effective for every administrator. Postini's web console "dashboard" identifies threats and gives you email insights you really shouldn't live without. Click here to download.

Headlines

Security, flexibility should coexist in e-mail
[SearchDomino.com]
Two industry experts at Enterprise Messaging Decisions offer their tips and advice on how to run a secure e-mail system and avoid messaging disasters.

MORE INFO:
Learn how one company benefited from automated backups.
Read more of our Enterprise Messaging Decisions coverage: Messaging headaches may turn into migraines

IBM offers WebSphere Business Integration Server Express
[Search400.com]
With customizable adapters and pre-packaged process templates users can more easily tie together their internal apps including CRM, e-commerce sites and employee portals.

Ambuj Goyal and the Lotus evolution
[e-Pro Magazine]
While crediting former Lotus head Al Zollar with integrating the business unit into the IBM software fold, Lotus general manager Ambuj Goyal says his job now is to take the brand to the next level by enhancing its team-oriented productivity offerings and focusing on three product lines: Notes/Domino, Workplace, and Portal.

Microsoft readies enterprise IM server
[CIO Today]
The software giant is readying a beta version of its Live Communications Server 2005 product, which is intended to provide a platform for secure instant messaging across a company's entire corporate network.

HP's 'adaptive enterprise' still murky for some
[CNET]
At an event to celebrate the first anniversary of Hewlett-Packard's computing initiative, customers struggle to understand how it will affect specific product lines.

Also on SearchDomino.com
TOPICS: Featured Topic: LotusScript and Excel
Here's a collection of quick tips on moving information to and from Excel using LotusScript. Learn how to manipulate agents to send Web data to an Excel spreadsheet, how to import data from Excel to a Notes database -- and more.

HANDS-ON training for Notes/Domino at ADMIN2004
ADMIN2004 marks its 5th year on May 12-14, with first-time ever HANDS-ON jumpstarts and workshops - the ultimate learning experience. Improve messaging, boost performance, streamline server & database admin, expand & simplify collaboration & much more! Register today.

TOPICS: Poll: What's your impression of the Lotus' Workplace product line?
What is your impression of Lotus' Workplace product line? Click here to cast your vote in our new poll. (In our last poll, we asked about your preferred programming language. The results are in! See what you and your peers told us.)

TOPICS: Notes/Domino Tip Contest: Submit a tip and you could win $100 cash!
We're looking for your great Notes/Domino tips. You can win a $100 American Express gift cheque for your original tip. The Amex gift cheques are just like cash and accepted everywhere, so you can pick your own prize or deposit the cheque at your bank and keep the cash instead! Think up your best tip and share it with your Domino peers today.

The Missing Link
Breaking up is easy to do -- via SMS
[Reuters]
Last week we learned what text addicts the Brits are. Now we know what some of those messages say: "We R thru" or "C U NevR." In a recent poll, about 10% of Britons admitted they had text messaged a "Dear Nigel" letter to their significant other. Of course, that cold digital dumping could come as the result of another survey finding -- that nearly three out of four Brits read their sweetie's private messages.
Read the story.

Contact Us
Sales
For sales inquiries, please contact us at:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Editorial
For feedback about any of our articles or to send us your article ideas, please contact us at:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Free E-Newsletters!
Select e-newsletters you would like to receive via e-mail!

SearchDomino: Domino & WebSphere Strategies

Not a Member? We'll activate your membership with your subscription.

ABOUT THIS E-NEWSLETTER
TechTarget - The Most Targeted IT Media This e-newsletter is published by SearchDomino.com, a targeted Web site from TechTarget, the most targeted IT media and events company.
Copyright 2004 TechTarget. All rights reserved.

To unsubscribe from "Today's News":