Title: SearchDomino.com
Published by SearchDomino.com
searchDominoThis Week
October 25, 2004 >> Receive this e-mail as text  >> About this e-mail
 In this Issue

>> From the editor:
  • Are you making what you're worth?
  • >> Featured Topic:
  • The future of Domino
  • >> Expert Technical Advice:
  • Featured Expert: Andre Guirard, Domino Development
  • Site Exclusives:
    >> Minor Notes/Domino scripting vulnerability reported
    >> Blogs: Not just for ranting anymore
    >> DB2 meets security standards, outlines patch releases
    >> Chapter Download: Writing Java servlets and JavaServer Pages
  • Tips of the Week:
    >> How spam-fighting technology almost cost me a client
    >> How to use Notes e-mail for data transfers
  • >> Site Highlights:
  • White Paper: Stop e-mail fraud
  • White Paper: Password recovery
  • Domino Blog Contest: How many movie titles can you place?

  •  From the Editor:

    by Christine Polewarczyk, Editor

    Have you ever wondered if a big degree means big bucks? Do you often think about how much your years of service really count? Many IT professionals have pondered these same questions, and by providing their information in the SearchDomino.com Career Center's latest Salary Survey, these questions and more have now been answered.

    Visit today to find out how your job, pay and satisfaction compare with your peers, by taking the interactive survey or you simply viewing the current survey results. You can also customize a report by specifying the criteria that matters to you most or view salary breakdowns based on categories such as:

  • Title
  • Industry
  • Company size
  • Region
  • Gender
  • And more!

    In addition, the SearchDomino.com team wants to provide you with the help you need to find that dream job or get that raise you deserve. Register for the Career Center today to gain instant access to over 50,000 job listings such as Domino administrator, systems analyst and IT manager. You can define your search by region, skills or titles. You'll also find tips, advice, training resources and more.

    Whether you're just curious about how you stack up to your IT peers or you're searching for a better job opportunity, you'll find what you need at the SearchDomino.com Career Center.

    Have a great week, everyone.

    Christine

  •  Featured Topic:

    The future of Domino
    by Christine Polewarczyk, Editor

    Is the decline of Domino impending and inevitable? Will Workplace replace Domino as IBM Lotus' next-generation collaboration environment? We take a closer look in this featured topic.

    Read more about this topic

     Expert Technical Advice:

    Featured Expert: Andre Guirard
    Category: Domino Development

    Dear Andre: While designing a form in Domino Designer 5, I need to shift/relocate/move a few fields to different parts on the form. How do I achieve that by using keyboard, mouse, menu commands or toolbar?
    Click here to read Andre's expert response or ask a question of your own.

    Site Exclusives:
    >> Minor Notes/Domino scripting vulnerability reported
    A newly discovered vulnerability in Notes and Domino 6 can be exploited to execute arbitrary HTML and script code in a user's browser.

    >> Blogs -- not just for ranting anymore
    Web logs may be better known as online diaries or for political ramblings, but many believe that blogging is coming into its own as a powerful business communications medium.

    >> DB2 meets security standards, outlines patch releases
    IBM received a required security certification this week for its DB2 "Stinger" DBMS. The certification comes on the heels of a string of flaws Big Blue is addressing in multiple versions of its database.

    >> Chapter Download: Writing Java servlets and JavaServer Pages
    In this chapter from the book SAMS Teach Yourself Java 2 in 21 Days, by Rogers Cadenhead and Laura Lemay, you'll learn how servlets differ from applications and applets, how to run them as part of a server, how to receive data from a Web page form, how to store and retrieve cookies, how to use servlets to dynamically generate Web content, how to create a JavaServer Page, and how to use Java variables, expressions and statements on a page.

    Tip of the Week:
    How spam-fighting technology almost cost me a client
    Andy Pedisich's overzealous approach to combating a client's spam problem by using Domino's Journaling functionality almost cost him the customer. Andy explains what happened and offers four tips you should consider when setting up your own spam filters.

    How to use Notes e-mail for data transfers
    Many systems can generate e-mail but lack the capability, or require additional work, for other types of data transfer. There is a way though to use your Notes system's e-mail capability for additional types of data transfer. This tip shows you how.

    >> Check out all our tips.

     Site Highlights

    White Paper: Stop e-mail fraud
    Learn how phishing, bogus updates and billing fraud threatens your business. In this white paper, MailFrontier outlines four steps organizations should take to protect against e-mail fraud. Find out how to protect your system.
    Read this white paper.

    White Paper: Password recovery
    This white paper discusses the complexities and challenges of managing the Lotus Notes ID password.
    Learn more.
    Domino Blog Contest: How many movie titles can you place?
    Play the game!
    Back in August, Mike Lazar was the featured expert for the Expert Answer Center. He solved plenty of Domino administration problems, and he kept up a daily blog for his two-week stint. He played a little game in his blog, and now it's time for you to play back. Mike named his blogs with lines from his favorite movies. How many movies can you name? Read the last blog entry for contest details and how you can win a copy of Exam Cram 2: Lotus Notes and Domino 6 System Administrator by Tony Aveyard and Karen Fishwick. This contest ends on Nov. 8, so get your entries in now!

    This new monthly tip will teach you how to manage spam and keep your systems secure.
    Enter your e-mail and start receiving Spam and Security Tip.
    E-mail

    Not a member? We'll activate your membership with your subscription.

    New Learning Guide
    Take advantage of our newest Learning Guide focused on LotusScript. This guide explains best practices and pitfalls to avoid and provides troubleshooting help and advice.
    Check it out.

    10 Formula tips
    Learn how to manipulate and customize your Notes/Domino environment with these 10 Formula scripts and tricks in 10 minutes. Get the information you need.
    Click here.

    Win an iPod Mini!
    Submit your Notes/Domino tip, trick, timesaver or code today and you could win a 4 GB iPod Mini!
    Submit a tip.

      A B O U T   T H I S   N E W S L E T T E R
    TechTarget
    Contact us:
    SearchDomino
    Member Services
    117 Kendrick Street, Suite 800
    Needham, MA 02494

    This e-newsletter is published by SearchDomino.com, a targeted Web site from TechTarget, the most targeted IT media and events company.
    TechTarget offers magazines, Web sites, e-newsletters, Webcasts and conferences for enterprise IT professionals.
    Copyright 2004 TechTarget. All rights reserved.

    To unsubscribe from "Updates on new site content":