Title: Today's News
  November 23, 2004 Published by  SearchDomino.com

Today's News

searchDomino.com
News Topics ITKnowledge Exchange Tips Ask the Experts Webcasts White Papers
Issue Sponsored By:
  > mSecureOTA 3.5: Wireless security for Domino

IN THIS ISSUE:
  >  ISVs pledge support for IBM Workplace
  >  Binary XML proponents stir the waters
  >  Windows, Linux mired in benchmarking cat fight
  >  More headlines
  >  _javascript_ Learning Guide
  >  Ask Brad Balassaitis: Copy external e-mail addresses
  >  Tip Contest: One week left to win an Apple 4 GB iPod Mini!
  >  The Missing Link: Rage against the machine -- for $52

Headlines

ISVs pledge support for IBM Workplace
[SearchDomino.com]
In a run up to the Lotusphere conference in January, where more details on the status of Workplace-Domino integration will be forthcoming, IBM today announced that at least 100 independent software vendors (ISVs) have built applications to run on its new Workplace platform. The company also launched an online resource center for developers to access tools to create Workplace apps.

MORE INFO:
Check out our Feature Topic: The future of Domino
Read about Workplace updates

AD FREE TRIAL: OVER-THE-AIR SECURITY FOR WIRELESS DEVICES
FREE TRIAL:mSecureOTA 3.5 OVER-THE-AIR SECURITY FOR WIRELESS DEVICES
Provides true end-to-end AES security 'over-the-air' between wireless mobile devices and the corporate network. The only PDA/Smartphone security solution designed specifically for the Domino Enterprise environment. How to get a free enterprise trial? USA Toll free +1 866 706 0609, ROW +44 1332 537 628 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Binary XML proponents stir the waters
[SearchWebServices.com]
The XML Binary Characterization Working Group made a pitch at last week's XML Conference & Exhibition 2004, recommending that the W3C specify a single binary XML format. That's got a lot of text XML vendors and users wringing their hands.

Windows, Linux mired in benchmarking cat fight
[SearchWin2000.com]
Explaining how Windows stacks up against Linux in a high demand environment sounds like a simple exercise, but one expert says it's actually a complicated task, for several reasons.

More headlines
[From around the Web]
Open source picks some new fights (CNET News.com)
Computer Associates to name IBM veteran as chief (International Herald Tribune)

Also on SearchDomino.com

GUIDES:  _javascript_ Learning Guide
This SearchDomino.com guide introduces you to _javascript_ in a Notes/Domino environment, explains best practices and pitfalls to avoid and provides troubleshooting help and advice. You'll find _javascript_ articles, tutorials, tips, tools, white papers, expert advice and more to pump up your _javascript_ know-how quickly.

ADVICE:  Ask Brad Balassaitis: Copy external e-mail addresses
Dear Brad: I have designed a database for literature requests. This includes quantity of brochures, fliers, pens, etc., to send to representatives. Once the order is filled and completed, I do a "mailsend" with a doclink to the internal people to see what was sent. I want to send a copy to the sales reps as well (external e-mail address). How can I do this?
Click here to read Brad's expert response.

CONTESTS:  Tip Contest: One week left to win an Apple 4 GB iPod Mini!
Our Tip Contest is coming to a close. There is only one week left to win a brand new metallic blue Apple 4 GB iPod Mini. So hurry up and submit those Notes/Domino tips, tricks, timesavers or code today for your chance to win!
Submit your tip and check out the cool prize here.

The Missing Link

Rage against the machine -- for $52
[Reuters]
One of the many great scenes from the movie "Office Space" is when the fed up software guys take a Louisville Slugger to a particularly offensive copy machine. Life is imitating art in a little Spanish village. A junkyard operator in Lubia has become a sort of stress therapist for the digital age. For a mere $52, folks who are teched out and teed off can get in touch with their inner Luddite and take a sledgehammer to cell phones, computers -- even cars and pictures of the boss. Each rage against the machine is limited to two hours, but no one has lasted more than 30 minutes so far.

Contact Us
Sales
For sales inquiries, please contact us at:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Editorial
For feedback about any of our articles or to send us your article ideas, please contact us at:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Free E-Newsletters!
Select e-newsletters you would like to receive via e-mail!

 SearchDomino: Domino & WebSphere Strategies
 SearchDomino: Spam and Security Tip

Not a Member? We'll activate your membership with your subscription.

TechTarget - The Most Targeted IT Media This e-newsletter is published by SearchDomino.com, a targeted Web site from TechTarget, the most targeted IT media and events company.

To unsubscribe from "Today's News":