Title: Today's News
  January 31, 2005 Published by  SearchDomino.com

Today's News

searchDomino.com
News Topics ITKnowledge Exchange Tips Ask the Experts Webcasts White Papers
Issue Sponsored By:
  >  The Latest SearchDomino.com White Papers

IN THIS ISSUE:
  >  Lotus-related ISV programs gain new attention
  >  Gartner Group's Lotusphere conclusions
  >  What the Butler Group saw
  >  More headlines
  >  Featured Topic: Top 10 expert responses of 2004
  >  Ask Brian Mahoney: Open Lotus Notes 5 and 6 simultaneously
  >  Poll: What about DB2?
  >  The Missing Link: Fugitive free-for-all

Headlines

Lotus-related ISV programs gain new attention
[SearchDomino.com]
At Lotusphere last week, IBM rolled out new marketing resources to Lotus Business Partners. Such support can be important to the over-all health of a platform such as Notes and Domino.

MORE INFO:
Read recent news: IBM adds online resources for ISV developers
SearchDomino.com Lotusphere 2005 page

The Latest SearchDomino.com White Papers
Sign up to receive the White Paper Alerts newsletter from SearchDomino.com to keep up with the latest additions to our White Paper Library. White paper topics include Migration/Upgrades, Messaging, Domino vs. Exchange, Administration, Development and more. Subscribe now!

Gartner Group's Lotusphere conclusions
[Gartner.com]
Stay the course, industry analyst Gartner tells Notes/Domino users. After speaking with users and business partners at Lotusphere, Gartner says "an immediate migration anywhere makes little sense if your Lotus Notes and Domino investment was justified in the first place."

What the Butler Group saw
[Enterprise Networks and Servers]
With most organizations only now upgrading to Release 6.0, Butler Group cannot see users converting to Notes/Domino Release 7 any time soon. That can weaken the impact of IBM Workplace on the general market, the analyst group indicates.

More headlines
[From around the Web]
New malcode targets MySQL (SearchSecurity.com)
Wait and see time for PeopleSoft users (SearchCRM.com)

Also on SearchDomino.com

TOPICS:  Featured Topic: Top 10 expert responses of 2004
When you need Lotus Notes Domino advice, SearchDomino's Ask The Expert section is the place to turn. We've gathered the most popular expert responses to questions submitted by our members in 2004 and listed them all right here.

ADVICE:  Ask Brian Mahoney: Open Lotus Notes 5 and 6 simultaneously
Dear Brian: I have Lotus Notes 5 and 6 installed on my computer. I'd like to open them simultaneously. Would you know how to do it?
Click here to read Brian's expert response.

POLLS:  Poll: What about DB2?
There are new Designer updates to support DB2. We want to know your opinion on this. Cast your vote in our poll.

PREVIOUS POLL RESULTS: In our last poll, we asked what you find the most difficult among administrative tasks today. Here is what you told us.

The Missing Link

Fugitive free-for-all
[Associated Press]
Government work has long been seen as a lumbering juggernaut rife with overspending. Thankfully, that trend will continue as the FBI has stated it is shelving the $170 million "Virtual Case File" because the project is already outdated. The system would have helped agents investigate criminals and terrorists -- no wonder Dr. Richard Kimble got away so easily.

Contact Us
Sales
For sales inquiries, please contact us at:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Editorial
For feedback about any of our articles or to send us your article ideas, please contact us at:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Free E-Newsletters!
Select e-newsletters you would like to receive via e-mail!

 SearchDomino: Domino & WebSphere Strategies

Not a Member? We'll activate your membership with your subscription.

TechTarget - The Most Targeted IT Media This e-newsletter is published by SearchDomino.com, a targeted Web site from TechTarget, the most targeted IT media and events company.

To unsubscribe from "Today's News":