Yup. Just had a look at the code - looks very strange.

My reading is that it would be trying to convert "DataReference" to a URI, which would throw an exception which is then being discarded.

Do you have a short piece of XML I could play with? I could dummy one up, although I am lazy. (Although I can almost certainly promise I won't get a chance to play with it until next week - unless someone else on the list wants to have a look-see.)

Cheers,
        Berin

Johan Vanbockryck (jvanbock) wrote:

Hi,

I'm unwrapping an EncryptedKey tag from an encrypted XML document. This
EncryptedKey contains a DataReference to the xenc:EncryptedData it
should be used for. When calling the XMLCipher.loadEncryptedKey, the URI
that is present on the xenc:DataReference is not present in the
EncryptedKey object that is returned however.

I did some debugging on the code and found that the
XMLCipher.newReferenceList function tries to get the URI as nodeValue
from the xenc:DataReference tag. Is this correct? Shouldn't it try to
obtain it from the URI attribute on the xenc:DataReference tag instead?

Regards,

Johan