> Thanks for this quick (and very clear) answer.

Sure. I wish the answer didn't suck, but that's as it may be.

> Well NSS is used at least by RedHat and Suse and is recommended by latest
> LSB to standardize on as Linux  reference crypto library.

I was aware of the former, though not the latter.

> Consequently interested parties may evolve soon(or not).
> (ref: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraCryptoConsolidation )

Yes, I'm aware. I think that's an absolutely terrible idea, and they're
breaking software in the process, including my own, which relies on libcurl,
which does not have the same feature set when used with NSS.

So, given that NSS is not capable of meeting my needs, it's moot for me.

> Is it interesting that I take a look at how to patch the configure process
> to use NSS, or am I the only person on Earth concerned by this support ?

I doubt you're the only one, but as I said, I can think of maybe one person
in the last 5 years that has mentioned it.

I can definitely promise that before I do a release of 1.6, I will get it
building with NSS and get the makefile fixed. But I can't spend time on it
right now, so if you want it working again soon, patching it yourself and
submitting the patch to bugzilla would be the best course.

I don't think it's a major patch, especially given that you don't need the
make dist to work, just get the build to work. There should be a conditional
in the configure script being set for NSS, should just be a matter of
copying that in.

-- Scott